Well did the Jewell family have a happy father's day? Well I am not sure if daddy Jewell did but I sure did. We had steaks for dinner, had a good time at church, went to the neighbors for a bit, and finally called our dads. Somehow I just think daddy Jewell was a bit sore.
The laughing started Friday for me at least. I was driving Sam to the doctor for his vasectomy when he started getting kind of sad. I finally told him to man up. He did not like that too much but I thought it was pretty good. He retaliated with "you are not the one going in for the procedure." I had news for him. Who had two kids come out of their body???? We are not talking c-section here. Ok so I felt a little bad for him but he got some serious meds when we walked in so I could not feel too bad.
Next comes the drive home...he tells me that he just laid back and listened to 90's alternative music when he was having it done. Apparently there were the perfect songs on the radio that all related to, well, his balls (sorry no other way to put that one). There was only one song missing that he thought should have come on (however it is not a 90's alternative song) Great Balls of Fire. Ha that is great. Maybe he needs to make them a play list.
Saturday was good but he started getting really sick from his vertigo when it finally started catching up with him. Sunday however was a great time. We went to church and it seemed like all the men around his age congregated to him. I started over to tell him something with my coffee in hand when I hear...are they still there, your um, balls??? Oh dear, that is when I lost it. I thought I was going to spit coffee everywhere. He was asked quite a few other questions as well (can't really blame them since most of the probably feel like they are going to have to do it too).
He came home telling me that there was quite the difference between the men and the women. The women did not seem to have any remorse or at least very little (why should we, they don't have the kids right?). However the men seemed to have a ton. They were understanding of his pain and seemed to think he was handling it very well. Then there is me...I just told him to get up and walk it off because that is what I had to do after two kids.
So did we have a good father's day? You would have to ask him but I had a GREAT one. Shoot, this could have been my Mother's day, gift but I will take the ring I got instead.
No comments:
Post a Comment