Thursday, July 28, 2011

Park and Peanut Butter

Can you guess what this is?



Before we get to the picture above, let me show you a couple of others.  Our friend Shea asked me to meet her at the park today for some mommy hang out time.  It was wonderful.  Though it was hot, it did not feel that hot (we went super early and sat in the shade).  So last night I told Gavin when he woke up we would go to the park and play, if he went to sleep early (it worked!!!!).  We got to the playground, he was the only kid for a while, which was awesome!  Best part was, when he went down the slide, he went flying off the end, fell flat on his bottom (since it was slippery), and when he got up he proceeded to tell me he peed his pants (not really, the slide had standing water on it).  He waddled, like a penguin, for a while until his shorts were dry.   After that some other kids came around and they all started throwing dirt in the air.  Needless to say this is what he looked like when we were leaving. 


I was so proud.  He has never wanted to get this dirty before!!!!  Grandpa John, he is definitely part of the Miles family!


Anyone else think the face on the right looks a little devilish? 








Ok so for the picture at the top of the page.  Did you guess that it was a dog seeing how far her face could fit in the peanut butter jar?  You would be right!  Congratulations, you have won the grand prize of...well I don't have a million dollars, so you get:  TO SAY YOU WERE RIGHT!  Really, I was going to throw the jar away after we used the last of the peanut butter (aside from the little bits on the side) when the dog gave me the stare down.  Once I gave her the jar and she proceeded to shove her face in as far as she could and licked.  Here are a couple more pictures.

WOW, we are really loving that peanut butter right?                      She got super into it, scrunched nose and all.  Also trying
to use her paws like thumbs to hold the jar there.  


Now right after this picture, she growled at Gavin for getting close to her jar!!!!  I love it.  Doesn't that face just say, "THIS IS MINE!  DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT OR THAT HAND CAN COME OFF!," or as Will Smith might say as the Fresh Prince, "Back Up, Back Up!"  Need I tell you that somehow she got her tongue to the bottom of the jar?  I could almost use it again it is so squeaky clean now! 

HAPPY THIRSTY THURSDAY!

2 comments:

  1. I had a great time! We will have to do it again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that is hillarious! And I LOVE the dirty pics of Gavin! (Okay, "dirty pics of Gavin" didn't quite sound right! I mean the pics of Gavin all dirty! There, that's better!)

    ReplyDelete