Well hello again. If I would have known it would be so long in between posts I would have bid you all a farewell for a while. Time for catch up again I would say.
We have a few things in this post...so this is your for warning that it will probably be a little long.
Thanksgiving...well that was a fun time. We went to Dayton to spend some time with my dad's family. We also had a Thanksgiving here with my stepfather's family and a small one with the neighbors. It was a very peaceful and quite time. I was able to get a picture of my grandmother with Eliza...a much needed photo. She might as well get prepared because come Christmas in January she is going to get more done with all the great grand kids.
While all was going well after that small escapade...we had to travel to Indiana to see Sam's family. All went well until we left Eliza's medicine up there. Luckily we were able to call the hospital and they gave us more. Christmas in Indiana went well...nice roads for easy travel. Then we came home and had Christmas here with step family, our small family, a Christmas breakfast at my mother's house, and a Christmas breakfast at the neighbors house!!!!! The kids were Christmased out! The best part of Christmas had to be that one of my best friends since grade school was able to fly in. We got here for all of a day and a few hours but it was fun. The kids and the puppy were awful excited that she had come to visit too. We don't we out a ton but that did warrant a steak dinner (not cooked on our grill).
Lets see...the next holiday was New Years. We had a party to go to (actually two) but the one we were going to go to was cancelled. I felt terrible that our poor friends had to deal with strep throat but I do thank them for not spreading it. So we ended up at my mom's house to say hi and let Gavin play with a friend of his that only comes in every once in a while. We didn't stay long because a certain little lady was tired and we did not want to be out too late. So we came home and the neighbors came over. We played cards until midnight and had pizza. The next morning was breakfast with my mom and her friends.
Aside from all of the holidays we have been shopping for some new clothes. If you know me...you know I have been walking around for years in the same clothes from grade school to the pants from after Gavin. So I was in need of some clothes that fit and Sam needed some clothes that he were not too snug. We have also been working on some small projects around the house. I finally got to make some cookies and bar cookies. We replaced some light fixtures and the living room ceiling fan. We have been working on the garage attic to lay some more boards for flooring. We have been busy around here, that is for sure. We have people come to the house Friday for some estimates for heating and air...then off to dinner at Red Lobster with 2 sets of neighbors. I have to get some sewing going...and finished to start on some other projects.
| project day |
| this was just too funny to not post |
No comments:
Post a Comment