Wednesday, February 15, 2012

2012

Well 2012 is here and in full swing.

Two things have been on my mind lately...pictures and pinterest.

If you are not on pinterest...don't get on...it is addicting.  It is a site the can let your creativity run wild.  I use the site for finding craft projects, books to read, new photo ideas, and recipes.  Now really if you want to check it out, it is pinterest.com.  I will say that if you interested in getting invited in, just let me know and I will send you an invite.

As for the pictures, I am always so shy to say something since there always SO many photographers in this little town BUT if anyone is needing pictures done this year, shoot me an email or give me a call.  I want to go ahead and get a jump start on planning out my year.  Even if you don't have an exact date in mind, I like to know how many sessions I should try to plan on in a month. 

How was every one's valentines day?  Ours was not that exciting.  We don't do anything for it really.  Do you know how valentines day started????  Well lets just say there was at least one Saint Valentine and there was a Roman holiday of Lupercalia.  Saint Valentine was said to have been a priest that went against the wishes of the Emperor Claudius II.  Claudius had decided that married men with children did not make good soldiers so he outlawed marriage for all the young people.  Valentine went against this and still married people.  Now the other half to this is he became a martyred because he was put to death.  Another version on Saint Valentine (either the same or different) is that he was imprisoned and for trying to help Christians escape Roman prisons.  In turn he was captured.  He fell in love with a young woman and sent her a letter signed from your valentine.  Now as for the Roman holiday of Lupercalia...this was to celebrate the god of agriculture.  It was also known as a fertility holiday and as a celebration of Romulus and Remus...the founders of Rome raised by the she wolf.  Some think that the Christians put the celebration of Saint Valentine right around Lupercalia.  A lot of times this helped convert people over.  So there is your history lesson for the day.

That is about all from here today.  I have a closet to tear apart, clean out, and put back together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment